At Moreton in Marsh Dental, we aim to provide all our patients with the best possible service and to achieve this we need patient cooperation.
Fail to Attend or Short notice Cancellations by Patients
Non-attendance and cancellations at short notice without valid reason deprives other patients of essential medical services. Short Notice Cancellation is cancelling less than 24hrs before your appointment.
Please be aware that the following charges are in place for missed appointments;
- Dentist- £1 per minute of the appointment missed
- Child appointments – £1 per minute of the appointment (Even if there would be no charge for your child’s appointment)
- Hygienist – £1 per minute of the appointment missed
These charges, if not collected on the day will be added to your patient account and no further treatment can be booked without debts being paid.
Patients who fail to attend 3 times will not be seen again.
Please note, text and email reminders are provided out of courtesy, not a necessity. It is a patient’s responsibility to turn up on time for an appointment. Failure of the text reminder system for any reason is not a sufficient reason for failing to attend or turning up late for treatment.
Only in very exceptional circumstance do the above rules not apply, but this is at the discretion of the treating Dentist, Practice Principle or Head Receptionist. This is to ensure fairness to our patients and staff.
Cancellation or delay of an appointment by the practice
We will only cancel or delay a patient’s appointment in unavoidable circumstances. In such cases, we will take the following steps:
- The patient will be contacted as soon as the practice is aware of the need to cancel or delay the appointment. We will explain the reason for the cancellation or delay.
- At the time of contact, the patient will be offered a new appointment at the earliest time available.
- If the patient is unable to commit to a new appointment during that contact, we will ask them to get in touch at a later time, when we will offer them a priority appointment.