At Moreton-in-Marsh Dental we are delighted to receive feedback from our patients. We welcome comments to improve our service and would like to know if you felt we delivered great care and service.
We also accept that we may not always get it right and we hope that you will bring these issues to our attention as soon as possible so we can rectify the situation.
We acknowledge that most problems occur because of bad communication and we place a strong emphasis on delivering the best communication we can.
What to do if we get it wrong?
When Patients complain, they are dealt with courteously and promptly so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible.
Our aim is to react to complaints in the way in which we would want our complaint about a service to be handled. We learn from every mistake that we make and we respond to our Patients’ concerns in a caring sensitive way.
Caroline Holland Bell is the person responsible for dealing with any complaints.
- We will acknowledge the Patient’s complaint in writing and enclose a copy of this code of practice within 48 hours. We will seek to investigate the complaint and communicate to the complainant within 5 working days of receipt to give an explanation of the circumstances that led to the complaint. If the Patient does not wish to meet us, then we will attempt to talk to them on the telephone. A letter will always be sent to backup any verbal response.
- If we are unable to investigate the complaint within 5 working days we will notify the Patient within this period giving reasons for the delay and a likely period within which the investigation will be completed. This will not be longer than 10 working days.
- Proper and comprehensive records are kept of any complaint received.
If Patients are not satisfied with the result of our procedure then a complaint can be made to:
- The Dental Complaints Service (08456 120 540) for complaints about private treatment.
- The General Dental Council, 37 Wimpole Street, London, WIM 8DQ (The dentists registration body)