Moreton Dental Fees Update
I have had to make the very difficult decision of raising the Moreton Dental prices from 1st November 2021.
This was not an easy decision by any means and one which took several weeks of careful planning and resourcing our current costs.
I hate always having to blame COVID and Brexit but sadly we would not be in this situation if it wasn’t for the past 2 years.
To give you an idea these were the main areas where costs have increased exponentially and we have worked tirelessly throughout the pandemic not to make this decision but after discussion with our accountant we can no longer avoid it.
- Huge reduction in patient capacity
- Postage and delivery costs
- Clincial waste (collection and disposal)
- Consumables including dental materials
- Wages and staff costs
- Utility expenses (energy, electricity heating, telephone and internet)
- Business rates
- Ventilation costs
- Equipment maintenance and repair charges
- New equipment
- IT costs
- Adminstration and reception costs
- Cleaning and associated products
- Costs associated with fallow time
- Time taken out of surgery to complete CQC and HSE inspections
- Card charges as no longer allowed to take cash
- Agency staff to cover sickness
- Loss of staff due to home schooling
- My-Moreton internal intranet
Other costs we incurred were:
- Loss of rent
- Laboratory costs
- Building costs to accommodate social distancing
- General maintenance
- Loss of earnings due to clinicians contracting Covid
- Investing in mental health solutions
- Maternity pay
- Team evenings to help boost morale
Thank you all for your understanding, I look forward to seeing you in the practice soon.